Customer Success & Operations Manager
Neuroteach Global is the first online platform that allows educators to experience the difference that MBE research-informed strategies can make in the lives of their students. It also offers a powerful option to school districts, giving them the ability to impart these strategies to their entire workforce at once — in bite-sized, memorable, experience-based lessons that are made to stick, using the Science of Learning to teach the Science of Learning.
Neuroteach Global is an idea whose time has come and the Chan Zuckerberg Institute agrees, voting their confidence with a healthy investment to spur growth. And why not? Everybody wins when more and more teachers are equipped with the latest in scientific knowledge in their teaching strategies.
About the role
Neuroteach Global is part of the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (CTTL), the research and development arm of St. Andrew's Episcopal School. At the CTTL, we are seeking an early stage team member for St. Andrew's, and a colleague of the school's full faculty and staff, to help drive the recent success of Neuroteach Global by helping the co-founders with client success, account management, product feedback, business development, and other operational duties. If you are a skilled relationship-builder who’s knowledgeable about education, e-learning, teacher training alternatives, and the current state of technology in continuing education, we’d like to talk to you.
Have you been involved in the initiation of a successful new ed-tech product launch and worn a variety of hats in a purpose-driven startup? We could use your help supporting users of our micro-learning product, converting trial users, acquiring new customers, and establishing strong, feedback-rich relationships with current and prospective clients. Read on to see if this is the kind of role you could thrive in.
A few notes about location. Although we’d love to have someone local to the DC area, we are open to working with remotely located professionals within a 2-3 hour driving radius who have a track record of high performance in similar situations. Most important is the ability to be onsite on a very regular basis and keep 100% in sync with the staff of the CTTL and Neuroteach Global leadership.
The Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning (CTTL) is the country’s only non-profit pre-collegiate, school-based research center that is designing and delivering professional development informed by research in MBE science research to enhance teacher quality, improve student outcomes, and develop the whole child. Neuroteach Global is the latest innovation in MBE science from the CTTL.
The CTTL’s mission is to create and innovate in the field of Mind, Brain and Education (MBE) science, enabling teachers to maximize their effectiveness and students to achieve their highest potential. This mission comes to life through its international public purpose to serve teachers and school leaders within all education sectors.
To discover more about the Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning, visit www.thecttl.org. To discover more about Neuroteach, visit www.neuroteach.us.
What do we need you to do well?
The Customer Success Manager role requires a Bachelor’s degree and, ideally, 3 to 5 years of experience working with private K-12 institutions and public school systems. In this startup role, you will wear a variety of ‘hats’ helping with client relations, business development, customer support, product feedback, and various operations duties to keep things moving forward. You will serve as a point of contact for teachers and administrators to ensure they have a positive experience with Neuroteach Global. You're a great fit for this position if you are passionate about improving education, building strong relationships, going the extra mile to solve problems creatively, and working on the forefront of technology to improve education. Experience with relationship oriented sales or business development responsibilities is a big plus, but enthusiasm and passion for what we’re doing is most important, so that you can successfully...
- Provide prompt and timely outreach to free trial clients (~800) to help convert a large percentage into one of the available packages.
- Think strategically about ways to market and sell Neuroteach Global in-print, virtually, or in-person and collaborate with co-founders and startup team on implementation.
- Onboard new customers to Neuroteach Global and learn about their needs to provide informed recommendations on using the product
- Be the first line of support for accounts by handling support inquiries from users and customers of Neuroteach Global
- Be a primary point of contact with vendors/partners to ensure product success.
- Closely track and manage account data, identifying the current satisfaction of customers, so problems can be resolved promptly.
- Communicate customer needs and pain points to the rest of the Neuroteach Global team
- Work with teachers and administrators on Neuroteach Global implementation
- Manage customer accounts throughout the school year by holding regular check-ins via email, phone and web video demos
- Prepare presentations to current funders and future investors
- Develop a deep understanding of the Neuroteach Global product
- Bring new ideas about elevating the work of the CTTL and the Neuroteach product through ongoing feedback from prospects and active customers.
- Putting in place a methodology (which includes process and tool selection) for product development, user discovery and roadmapping.
- Build prioritized mid-term and long-term product roadmaps based on users needs and feedback, marketplace reaction, and continued learning of the competitive landscape.
- Keeping the team up to date on product priorities and evolutions, challenging our product and business Key Performance Metrics.
- Diligently monitor, evaluate and leverage analytics from customer utilization and feedback
What expertise is important to the work you'll do?
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on listening to and translating customer needs into sales, product improvements, and deeply satisfied customers.
- Generally tech-savvy and familiarity/expertise using SaaS based tools (i.e. CRM, project management) to help manage customer and product lifecycle.
- Ability to translate high-tech capabilities into solutions that solve real, on-the-ground problems.
- Familiarity with public, public charter and private school systems and the broader educational marketplace.
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills that enable management of multiple ongoing priorities.
- A successful track record of responding to emergent challenges and solving problems with a positive outlook.
- Able to describe various education tech platforms and other solutions currently on the market that could compete for the same budget dollars.
- Able to identify major competitors in the marketplace and articulate the Neuroteach Global differentiated value proposition.
- Accustomed to high degrees of autonomy successfully driving business results while staying in sync with evolving team vision and priorities.
What experience is nice to have but not critical?
- Teaching experience or work in the K-12 education system.
- Working knowledge of agile/SCRUM implementation, lean product management and/or design thinking practices.
- Global experience, including working with remote teams
- Experience in Product Management in EdTech (especially in North America).
- Account Management experience in the Ed-Tech field is a plus
What’s in it for you?
Joining CTTL means the opportunity to be part of this innovative research center that is impacting teaching and learning on a global scale, where we value professional autonomy, creativity, and side-by-side collaboration. At the CTTL, you’ll enjoy an environment that values transparency and inspires people to take ownership of their responsibilities and strive to innovate. Because we are a start-up, this is a very nimble, high-touch organization, where hard work and relationships have been and will continue to be key for our organic success. You’ll find a growth mindset, goal orientation and humor to be helpful, and expected. Most importantly, you must always remember that while our target users for Neuroteach Global are teachers and school leaders, the chief beneficiaries are students who every day, in every class, deserve a teacher who knows how their brain learns, works, and thrives.
- Flexible, fun, and purpose-driven work environment.
- Compensation and benefits package competitive within the industry, commensurate with experience.
The CTTL is research and development arm of St. Andrew's Episcopal School . Consistent with the values of an Episcopal school, St. Andrew's is committed to a diverse and inclusive community with respect to race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, family status, economic circumstance, age, and physical disability in its student body, faculty and staff. Pursuant to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, St. Andrew's does not discriminate in the administration of admission, financial aid or loan practices, educational or other school-sponsored programs and activities, or in the hiring or terms of employment of faculty and staff, except that the Chaplain shall be a member of the clergy of the Episcopal Church.